Thursday, December 4, 2008

Q: HOW MANY PUNKS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?

A: TWO. ONE TO GET A BOTTLE OF ROBITUSSIN AND ONE TO FIND A NEW APARTMENT.


Total Classic. Honestly this EP is a top 10 hardcore 7" for me, I know you have to think differently but like the Spirit Of Truth- "I don't give a fuck what you think, Bitch!".


Personally this has all I really need from an '82 USHC 7"er, I could fall back on over used descriptors like "lo-fi", "machine gun drumming", "rough and ready", "buzz saw guitars", "meat and potatoes" etc but I won't. I'm also gonna steer clear of over-analysing this and dropping big words just to let you know that I read Lester Bangs work and can kinda string a sentence together, this is just hardcore punk in it's purest form and it doesn't need any decoding. You either get it or you don't. If you don't get it, Ill give you 30 more seconds- enough time for you listen to the 25 second short opener "Fascist" and if you aren't nodding at the end, enough time for you to drink the kool-aid. Yes. I remember hearing a while back that they chose the name after hearing that WHITE CROSS was the code name for the Methamphetamine doses administered to the Nazi Forces during WWII, who knows if thats true? I'd like to think it is...


Anyway this is a true no-frills killer. The art on this is great too, an alien looking fetus in a gallon jug in a hay stack? What the fuck?






No comments: